From the Vitamin Lawyer Health Freedom Blog
Updated Action eAlert posting: http://drrimatruthreports.com/index.php?p=1601
Action Item: Divesting the FDA:
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Divesting the FDA of Food Authority
It’s been a year since an official government study of the FDA said:
1) The FDA cannot fulfill its mission because its scientific base has eroded and its scientific organizational structure is weak.
2) The FDA cannot fulfill its mission because its scientific workforce does not have sufficient capacity and capability.
3) The FDA cannot fulfill its mission because its information technology (IT) infrastructure is inadequate.
4) FDA does not have the capacity to ensure the safety of food for the nation.
5) The development of medical products based on â€œnew scienceâ€ cannot be adequately regulated by the FDA.
6) There is insufficient capacity in modeling risk assessment and analysis.
7) The FDA science agenda lacks a coherent structure and vision, as well as effective coordination and prioritization.
8) The FDA has substantial recruitment and retention challenges.
9) The FDA has an inadequate and ineffective program for scientist performance.
10) The FDA has not taken sufficient advantage of external and internal collaborations.
11) The FDA lacks the information science capability and information infrastructure to fulfill is regulatory mandate.
12) The FDA cannot provide the information infrastructure support to regulate products based on new science.
From: the November 2007 Report of the Subcommittee on Science and Technology, “FDA Science and Mission at Risk.”
The FDA is a failed agency that, in Dr. Ron Paul’s words engages in “abuse of power.”
Even the FDA’s own scientists are complaining about the corruption that pervades the agency: http://www.naturalnews.com/z024910.html
I believe that due to its focus on the drug industry (80% of its funding comes from Big Pharma “user fees”) and its failure to protect the safety of the food supply, while engaging in international “HARMonization” that degrades organic standards and allows ever-increasing levels of toxins (including antibiotic residues) in the food supply, the FDA is incapable of administering food regulations.
The FDA’s prejudice against nutrient supplementation and traditional, natural remedies means these advanced healthcare alternative competitors to pharmaceuticals are denigrated, marginalized and regulated against.
See also the Natural Solutions Foundations recent comments to the FDA condemning the agency’s latest moves against nutrients: http://drrimatruthreports.com/index.php?p=1449
What is the answer? It is to, in the immortal words of John Galt, “Get out of the way.” We need to engage market forces to stimulate advanced alternatives to a medical system that is now the major source of death in our society. We need to divest the FDA of any authority over foods. Maybe then it can focus on the dangers of pharmaceuticals, including the uninsurable risks of vaccinations.
We need to free Foods (including nutrients and natural remedies) from the deadly hands of the FDA.