Natural Solutions Foundation
Divesting the FDA of Food Authority
Take Action Here:
It’s been a year since an official Congressional study of the FDA said the FDA cannot fulfill its mission because
* FDA’s scientific base has been eroded
* FDA’s scientific organizational structure is weak
* FDA’s conflicts of interest with industry paying scientists for their opinions make objective science impossible
* read more: http://drrimatruthreports.com/index.php?p=1482
The study found, in part, that the FDA is institutionally incapable of protecting the food supply. Nor, we believe, does it want to.
What’s the natural solution? To protect ourselves and our foods (that is, our health) we must divest the FDA of food authority, just like the FDA was divested of authority over controlled dangerous substances a couple decades ago when the DEA was established. And we must do it now. For more see: http://drrimatruthreports.com/index.php?p=1482
You know, of course, FDA is “down regulating” foods, including dietary supplements and natural remedies, while supporting dangerous drugs. How dangerous? Take a look at what the CDC, a unit of the FDA, published on this topic in 2007. Note that the statistics only go as far as 2004. Numerous separate studies show that the rate has increased dramatically since then.
Food and supplements, which are regulated as food thanks to the 1994 Dietary Supplements Health and Education Act (DSHEA), passed by unanimous Congressional assent, are the single most significant economic competitor to drugs. If the US Government, including the FDA, could collude in sequestering (read, “hiding”) a government report that showed the dangers of mercury in vaccines (http://drrimatruthreports.com/?p=1534), and then continue to support the bogus notion that vaccines were safe because it is very, very good for the drug industry, what won’t they do for the food AND the drug industries by
* Allowing Big Agribiz and Big Biotech to set their own agendas, rules and practices without any meaningful restraint or oversight
* Down regulating and toxifying food to support the decline in health that keeps the illness care industry, that is, Big Pharma and Big Medica, humming
* Permitting any sort of toxin, pesticide or other chemical (including industrial wastes like fluoride) in the food supply at horrific and highly dangerous levels to make Big Chema, a sister of Big Pharma, happy
* Prohibitting the labeling of gentically modified “foods” because they know that people will not eat them if they know what they are
* Allowing the deliberate radiation of seeds to produce mutations which have unknown consequences and allowing these seeds to be mixed, unlabled with non-mutant seeds (http://drrimatruthreports.com/?p=1573)
* Positioning the agency to prohibit Dietary Supplements from crossing State lines ( http://drrimatruthreports.com/?p=1449)
What’s more, FDA’s and USDA’s wrong-headed, indeed, lethal policies, which may, according to credible analysts, not only be leading the US to a famine (http://drrimatruthreports.com/?p=1515) in 2009 the likes of which we have never seen, but to an epidemic of the diseases classified by the World Health Organization, as the Preventable Non Communicable Epidemic Diseases of Under Nutrition:
* Cardiovascular Disease and Stroke
Clean, unadulterated food prevents these diseases from occurring almost all of the time. Food and high potency supplements can correct, treat, mitigate and, as I know from my personal medical experience, cure these lethal scourges.
An agency controlled by, largely funded by, whose scientists are financially beholden to, and whose senior personnel depend on their career advanced upon, an industry cannot regulate that industry. An agency for whom all of those factors are true which has the opportunity to regulate the principle competitor of that industry cannot regulate the competitor well, nor would it desire to do so.
This is the situation for which “Conflict of Interest” was coined!
The solution is clear because the situation is intolerable. Maybe it made sense to combine these functions when the agency was created early in the 20th century because most drugs were derived from foods. It no longer makes sense and the time to end this deadly conflict of OUR interets in now.
Click here (http://salsa.democracyinaction.org/o/568/campaign.jsp?campaign_KEY=26314) to let your Congressional legislators know that you want them to support divesting the FDA of its food regulatory responsibilities. And let your contacts know that this is an important issue for you which you hope will be for them, too, by forwarding this email with a brief cover note urging them to get involved and sign up for the free, secure, Health Freedom eAlerts (http://drrimatruthreports.com/index.php?page_id=187).
Previous posting on Divesting the FDA:
NSF Trustee Ralph Fucetola JD’s blog posting on Divesting the FDA:
Click here to make your tax deductible recurring donation: http://drrimatruthreports.com/index.php?page_id=189